Cannot login anymore with CVS KDE

Georg Zigldrum georgz at iplanet.com
Wed May 8 09:48:38 BST 2002

Hi,

since I recompiled on monday I cannot log into CVS kde anymore...
I did then a fresh checkout of CVS, recompiled again into a new KDEDIR and
tested with a new user -> still the same problem: ksplash starts up, but when
it arrives somewhere when kdesktop is started it crashes and starts the login
screen again.

I suspect ksmserver to be the problem (see below)...

Below you find the last part of .xsession-errors. Can someone give me a hint
what to do or to try next please?

Bye,
Georg

kdecore (KLibLoader): The KLibLoader contains the library kcm_energy
(0x80d4608)
kdecore (KLibLoader): The KLibLoader contains the library kcm_input
(0x80b7810)
DCOP: unregister 'kcminit-6062'
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
kdeinit: PID 6062 terminated.
kdeinit: Launched 'knotify', pid = 6069 result = 0
DCOP: register 'knotify' -> number of clients is now 4
DCOP: register 'anonymous-6069' -> number of clients is now 5
kbuildsycoca: Database is up to date
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-6063'
kdeinit: PID 6063 terminated.
DCOP: unregister 'kbuildsycoca'
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
DCOP: new daemon knotify
kdeinit: PID 6069 terminated.
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-6069'
ksmserver: '<sessionName>' missing.
ksmserver: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.
kdeinit: terminate KDE.
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
DCOP: unregister 'ksplash'
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
DCOP: unregister 'klauncher'
DCOP: unregister 'knotify'
DCOP: unregister 'kded'
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.
DCOPServer : slotTerminate() -> sending terminateKDE signal.
DCOPServer : slotSuicide() -> exit.