Oh no!

Howard Coles dhcolesj at bellsouth.net
Fri May 3 06:27:54 BST 2002

On Thu May 2 2002 4:39 PM, David Findlay wrote:

> Please make Ximian Evolution stop tempting me to move to
> GNOME.............. help!!!! :-P

I would love to squelch any consideration of the kind.  I tried Evolution for
a while, but discovered that GNOME especially Ximian, did some weird things
which I am not versed enough to fix.  I have since switched to SuSE linux 8.0
and haven't had to deal with it.

Evolution is a good looking and fine working email APP.  But, after a while
the good looking just gets old, and it didn't take that long with me.  Also
if you don't use M$ Outlook at all, then you wont miss Evolution either.  I
like the way KDE is set up with the different functions in different apps so
I can open them up separately if need be.  Now, if your looking to sync your
palm Evolution is a decent choice, or better is JPilot through KDE or GNOME,
and the latter works well for me.  I don't use email on the palm so Evolution
became too much.  JPilot did all the contact info of Palm Desktop on Windows
so for all practical purposes I was doing the same thing in Linux.  And,
JPilot will run in KDE or GNOME as will Evolution, but JPilot doesn't require
the GNOME libs.
To sum it up, KDE is functionally better for me, it is layed out the way I
like it, and perfoms great.  And with OpenOffice.org 1.0 we finally have KDE
integration.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.