sound delay in KDE3 SDL games

Craig Williamson (ENZ) craig.williamson at ericsson.co.nz
Tue Jun 25 03:34:56 BST 2002

Hi Dan,

	What sound card have you got?  I've got a VideoLogic Sonicfury (TB
Santa Cruz) and I have the same problem.  The cause in my case was the arts
system (sounds like it's the same problem you have got).  The work around
you can do is don't use artsd at all.  ie use a smaller window manager like
enlightenment or twm.  Another quick fix that sometimes works, is if you
have a sound card like mine, force artsd to 44100 kHz in the KDE control
panel.  This should provide some temporary relief.

	If you need more information, send me your sound card details.  Hope
this helps.