edge switching KDE 3.0.1

Dan Allen dan at mojavelinux.com
Mon Jun 24 10:30:42 BST 2002

This is going to sound picky, but I have a problem with edge
switching that is really annoying.  I have my KDE panel auto hide
when I go away from it and popup when I flyover.  However, if I have
on edge switching set at around 300ms and I go to flyover my KDE
panel, a huge conflict is occuring and the dang panel doesn't come
up.  IMHO I would think that for 300ms the edge switch should be
ignored while the panel popups up...meaning in the first 300ms the
panel shouldn't know anything about the edge switch...it makes edge
switching useless...

Now you might say, why don't you just have it not autohide?  Ah, not
a bad suggestion, but here is problem #2.  If I have my panel at 75%
of the screen in the middle and I have the KasBar on the same edge
of the screen, they won't both sit at the bottom of the screen
unless I pick autohide for the panel.  I want

+---+         +---------------------------------+
|   |         |                                 |
+---+         +---------------------------------+

instead I get

+---+
|   |
+---+

See my problem?  It is just bad luck I guess...so really the edge
switching can be ignored if KasBar and Panel can be on the same
line.

Dan