root look & feel

terry tg5027 at citlink.net
Sat Jun 22 14:32:54 BST 2002

As the instigator of this thread I would like to apologize to KDE
for blaming them for what SuSE did.  I had seen a fix a while
back, but I didn't remember it as SuSE's problem when I posted.

I will however re-state that if KDE's 'root' tools were more
reliable as a 'user', I would be glad to remain as user while
performing root tasks - as much as possible - if for no other
reason than avoiding KDE's endless re-start time - twice.

I would agree that there is much to be learned running as 'user'
in terms of attaining proper multiuser humility and understanding
security, but I learned that long ago on VAX's. :>)

terry