anti-aliasing totally broken after upgrading to new suse 7.3 kde packages

Mary Stamper mstamper77 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 17:19:01 BST 2002

I upgraded to the kde 3.0.1 packages from the kde web site.

Yesterday, I noted that there were newer ones on the suse site, so I installed them with no
problems.
Except that antialiasing does not work at all.

I've rebuilt freetype2 with the required byte code interpreter support. Did this months ago. Tried
doing it again with the latest source rpm from suse. It crashed. Compiled the very latest from the
freetype web site, compiled fine, but AA still doesn't work.

xft is not running (tuning it on doesn't help).  The config file entries have not changed.

xftConfig lists the truetype/type1 directories, xf86config does not.

what happened?