high cpu usage by kdeinit

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 13 15:13:08 BST 2002

Is there a way to do this from the command line?  I would like to check
some remote systems that don't hvae the world's speediest network
connections.  Thanks!

James Tappin wrote:

> On Thursday 06 Jun 2002 12:40, Francesco Oppedisano wrote:
> > From time to time my system is very slow...if i see top, he says that
> > kdeinit is taking much cpu time...about 50% or more....how can i avoid
> > this? I have kde 3.0.0
> > Slackware 8.0
> > Kernel 2.4.13-ac5
> > Thank you
>
> kdeinit is what starts other KDE programs, thus most KDE programs will show
> to top as kdeinit. Try using ksysguard to look at the process list as that
> will show what the offending kdeinit is really running. The commonest
> offenders seem to be konqueror (web browser) and kicker.
>
> James
>
> --

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5
Systems Programmer Administrator
NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Extension Information Technology