KDE 3 Footprint

Jannik Lindquist janniklindquist at moseand.com
Thu Jun 13 16:34:04 BST 2002

Hello,

I am on a Toshiba Laptop - 475 Mhz and 160 MB. I switched from Windows
XP to Linux with KDE 3.0 a mont ago - and have fought a tough battle
trying to make KDE run without draining my systemressources. Before I
stripped all fancy graphics from KDE, I had at least one freeze a day
and I still see a lot of disturbed graphics. Big apps renowned for their
demands on systemressources - such as OpenOffice and Mozilla - runs
beautifully on my system - whereas Konqueror and KMail running together
are almost sure to cause some kind of problem.

--
Jannik Lindquist