Default Browser

K. G. Kastella kgk at wic.net
Tue Jun 4 02:30:55 BST 2002

I have tried to change my default browser  in KMail from Konqueror to Opera
by going to:

   Control Center --> File Browsing --> File Associations --> text  --> html

adding Opera and then putting it at the top of the list.  And indeed Opera
comes up when I click on a link but the web page doesn't.  I get the message:

	"Could not open file"

and then there seems to be three files listed:

/localhost/home/kgk/.kde/share/apps/kfmexec/tmp/ledererl.asp
/localhost/home/kgk/.kde/share/kfmexec/0502/inthis.html
/localhost/home/kgk/.kde/share/kfmexec/nav.html

(lederel was the name of the page I was trying to open).

I would appreciate clues to what's happening and how to go about fixing it to
make Opera the default.

Thanks much,

	Ken Kastella