konsole caption

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Mon Jul 22 21:01:17 BST 2002

> > That will change the title of the session on the bottom
> > tool bar, but not the caption on the top.  Any way to change that?
> > Also, any way to change either title, bottom or top, from the command
> > line?
>
> echo -e "\033]2;Sometext\007"
>
> Cheers,
> Lada

This can change what is prepended to the console title,
i.e., if you have konsole --caption "bar",
then if you do

echo -e "\033]2;Foo\007"

the title of the Konsole will then be
Foo - bar

echo -e "\033]0;Foo\007"

seems to work just as well

My question persists...is there any way to change the original
caption of the Konsole and not just prepend to it?

Steve Timm