using win-key with kde

Laurabelle lists at niceperson.org
Fri Jul 19 10:01:15 BST 2002

On Jul 05 2002, Ladislav Strojil shared a puddle of experience:

<snip>
>If you run
>xmodmap -e "keycode 115=F23"
>and then go to shortcut settings and press your left window key, you will see
>that KDE recognizes it as F23.
>
>But be warned that next time you restart KDE or just switch to different
>keyboard layout, your key mappings will be gone. You'll need to add them to
>some startup script.

This is where I'm having problems.  I have the keybindings I want in
~/.Xmodmap and "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap" in ~/.xinitrc, but the keybinding
never seems to get read when I start KDE, or maybe it's getting
overwritten.  Is it in the wrong startup script?

My initscripts seem to have gone wonky, so I boot to init-level 3,
login, and then startx.

Laurabelle
--
ASCII silly question, get a silly ANSI.