kde3.1 alpha1 - problem

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Jul 15 12:04:02 BST 2002

snpe wrote:
> Hello,
>   I installed kde3.1 alpha1 and have next problems:
>
> 1. Control Center - Look&Feel - Windows Behavior don't work
> (libkcm_kwinoptions.la is missing)
> 2. Konqueror settings get error libkcm_konq.la and work
>
> I install kde3.1 in same dir previous kde3.0
>
> please help

ALPHA means UNSTABLE.

If you can't live with problems: DON'T INSTALL IT.

First, in all cases of a claimed missing file, look for the file.

Do you have a copy of this libtool archive in your $KDEDIR tree?

	find $KDEDIR -name libkcm_kwinoptions.la

Post the results.

I don't think that this will help.  But do it anyway.

Always post the exact error message.

So, if you got an error message, when running Contol Center, post it.

I presume that you started Control Center from a Konsole, just copy and
paste the error message.

--
JRT