unsubscribe

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Sat Jul 13 23:40:38 BST 2002

Markus Bengts wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Vern W Heesch wrote:
>
> > How about at the bottom of every email from the list, link labeled
> > account management.
>
> A usability problem ;)
> Why is there not a link labeled unsubscribe?

There is

[ ... ]

There.  If someone cannot figure out what that means, they probably
cannot figure out what unsubscribe means either.  And the footer is
already very long.

In addition, you get a mail when you subscribe, and every month
thereafter, telling you how to unsubscribe.

Finally, if you look at the full headers of the mail, it has a direct
link to the unsubscribe address:

but of course, nobody looks there :-(.

BTW, that has to be the most atrocious HTML email I have ever received.
What the hell *was* that?

Ciao,

Dre