Some applications starting very slow after update to 3.0.2

Michael Brosi michael.brosi at linuxhost.de
Fri Jul 12 16:52:06 BST 2002

Hello all,

yesterday i updated to KDE 3.0.2 from 3.0.1 and now some applications
(i.e. konqueror, kate) needs about 60 sec. to start. Kedit or KControl needs
about 2-3 sec. and Kmail 10sec.

With 3.0.1 it was quite fast, but downgrading to 3.0.1 has no effect, the
problem still exists. I now has deleted all qt and kde rpm's, delete /tmp,
moved .kde to .kde_old and installed the rpm's (3.0.2) from kde.org again
(SuSE 7.3, ppc), but it wasn't successfull.

I think its a timeout problem, but the /etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf and the
nameserver is configured properly.

Anyone any idea??

Thanks,
Mike