usb cdr drive

Anders Lyckegaard al at ime.auc.dk
Fri Jul 5 07:42:01 BST 2002

Hi Daniel,

If you have mounted the usbfs aka. usbdevfs filesystem you should be able to
see if your cdr is connected. I think that RH7.2 should do so by default.

Take a look at /proc/bus/usb/devices. Your CDR should show up there.
I think you should be able to find the same information in the KDE Control
Panel under Information USB devices.

Also you should be able to see if the usb device is found by the kernel in
/var/log/messages when you plug it in.

I hope this helps,

Anders Lyckegaard