undefined reference to `XftNameUnparse'

Thomas Sommer thomas.sommer at gmx.de
Tue Jul 2 20:54:07 BST 2002

Hello,
I'm using Suse 7.3 with qt3.0.4 and KDE 3.0.1. Each time I try to
configure a KDE3 application with ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3
I get the following error:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (library qt-mt)
not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

config.log contains the following messages:

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `XftNameUnparse'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:21656: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#include "confdefs.h"