First Time User

Jesper Juhl jju at dif.dk
Fri Dec 20 01:01:20 GMT 2002

dhamo dharan wrote:

> I need the minimal file system for KDE(ie., i don't need games,Toys
> editors,Application and etc). where can I get the minimal file system for
> KDE.

As far as I know, the minimum KDE you can install would consist of these
packages : qt, arts, kdelibs, kdebase

> Can you anybody know that, please let me know and how to compile the KDE
> also.

Basically all you need to do is download the source packages, extract them
somewhere, then in each directory do './configure' followed by 'make' and
finally by 'make install' (usually as root).
You can tweak a lot of options by supplying special flags to configure. Try
running './configure --help' in each of the directories, to get a
description of the options.

/Jesper Juhl