Problem editing kde-menu

Fabian Niestroj olfab at web.de
Mon Dec 30 23:58:16 GMT 2002

I'm running SuSE Linux 8.1 and KDE 3.0.5a. After the installation of SuSE Linux I found "Mozilla" in the KDE menu twice. Thus I ran kmenuedit as root and deleted one of them. But after a reboot both were there again.
If I (as root) add a program to the KDE menu it is only visible for the root but not for ordinary users.
Does anybody know how to fix this?
Where are the config files for the KDE menu? Not everything in the menu is listed in /opt/kde3/share/applnk.

Thanks for your help