File Associations all duplicated

Steven King stevenking66 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 21 17:42:27 GMT 2002

Hello

In File Associations, my file associations are showing twice each.

When I go into File Associations, I get the usual list of "all",
"application", "audio", etc etc. When I click the "+" sign by any of these, I
get the list of file associations - but they are all duplicated. For example,
under "audio", the list says:

basic
basic
vnd-rn-realaudio
vnd-rn-realaudio
x-adpcm
x-adpcm

If I change one of the pair, the change affects the other half of the pair
too, though only if I quit File Associations and go back in.

Can someone tell me what is going on, please? It might help if I knew where
File Associations keeps its associations information.

I am running KDE 3.0.0. This was an upgrade from KDE 2.x, and I think it is
about the time of the upgrade that this started to happen. SuSE 7.3, in case
that's relevant.

Thanks for any help

Steve