boot problem

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 23:24:48 GMT 2002

If SuSE 8.1 uses LILO ( 8.0 does ). look at /etc/lilo.conf.  For Dual boot
there must be a section referring to the other OS.  If not, the other OS will
not boot.

The man page gives a full account  ( man lilo.conf ) on how to write a new
/etc/lilo.conf.   save the present lilo.conf as a backup. Follow the
instructions in man lilo.conf to produce a new enlarged lilo.conf. Run as
root  /sbin/lilo.

OR

Use YaST2, options System -> Bootloader Configuration

Hope this helps

Basil Fowler