KDE 3.1b, konqueror has no more frame support?

Tue Aug 27 09:18:04 BST 2002

Le Mardi 27 Août 2002 09:05, James Richard Tyrer a écrit :
> MH wrote:
> > It can not display pages such as
> > http://sourceforge.net/
>
> I get no frames with Mozilla.  Did they recently quit using frames?
Sorry my mistake, my connection timed out when getting there and I was too
stupid and lazy at the time to go deeper :)

> > Besides It can not either display
> > http://www.kde.org/fr
> > (seems that it doesn't like the meta tag 'refresh')
> >
> > Can someone confirm all this, or it is just me with my konqueror
> > settings?
>
> If I can figure out how to build the CVS, I will check that and get back
> to you.
I checked with several site that has the same content than the page
 http://www.kde.org/fr with a meta tag 'refresh'
Besides I checked my settings and in 'Web Browser - Behavior' the box is
'Allow automatic delayed reloading/redirecting is checked. So I supposed it
is a 'bug' or something

To build from cvs is easy, here is what I do :
1. download the source files of the latest beta from ftp.kde.org
2. untar the sources
3. update the source to the latest cvs by doing the followings
	3.a go to in your source dir
	3.b issue the following command : cvs -f update -R -d -P '.' 2>&1
4.compile
	4.a : you need to compile kdelibs first, then kdebase, arts, ...
	4.b: compile options depends on your distro
		-On suse : the compile options are in the following file :
			/etc/opt/kde3/common_options
		it has all information needed to compile and make
		set all the environment variables with the exports that is listed there,
then configure with the options that is set to the line 'export configkde=',
now you're ready to compile
		- if not on suse, I don't know, but here is what i do when I need to get the
compile option from a package : rmp2cpio the source.rpm, then uncompress the
cpio file and get the .spec file. By doing so, and changing the versionning
in the spec file you can even build and up-to-date rpm, useful when you want
to keep your rpm databse up-to-date when upgrading something by your own.