Konsole class: bug?

Alvise Nobile alvi at ictp.trieste.it
Mon Aug 26 09:21:48 BST 2002

konsole --help says
"  --name <name>             Set window class". But running konsole with
--name does not change it being grouped with other konsoles in taskbar,
which apparently is done by window class.

Actually "--name xxx" seems to have no effect at all.

I need to manipulate the grouping because, if I have an application
running in a terminal window, I want to be able to distinguish when
iconified in the taskbar.

Alvise Nobile

Alvise Nobile,		    Scientific Computing Section
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Address: str. Costiera 11, I-34100 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39-040-2240-391       Fax: +39-040-224163/224559