KDE3 resource utilization

Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 22 14:15:04 BST 2002

After upgrading a Mandrake 8.2 installation to KDE3, I've had a lot of
nagging problems with my workstation related to configuration files.
 The RPM installation doesn't make all of the changes it needs to, such
as changing the PATH value in /etc/X11/prefdm to point to the right KDE
scripts (i.e. prepend /opt/kde3 to your PATH).  If there is a way to
cleanly remove KDE2 before the upgrade, definitely go that route, and
thoroughly test the effects of configuration changes on a guinea pig
machine.