DCopserver problem with KDE3

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Aug 19 01:28:55 BST 2002

David A. Bartmess wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 14:45, Sean McGlynn wrote:

>>Did you install KDE3 with RPM's or did you compile the sources?

> I installed it from the latest 3.0.2 RPM's from the KDE ftp site.

You are now starting to provide the information that you should have
given us in the first posting.  Apparently people do not realize just
how vague their questions are.

But we still have no idea what you mean when you say that you "installed
it", and this is the information which we need.

We could assume that you followed the instructions exactly, but then you
probably wouldn't be having a problem, would you? :-)

What we need to figure out is EXACTLY what you did wrong, and you need
to realize that unless you can provide us with a detailed description of
exactly what you did that we are just guessing.

Did you remove all of the KDE2 packages?

Did you Upgrade (NOT INSTALL) Qt-3.0.x and aRts-1.x?

And, it is quite possible that your: "Xsession" file is not going to be
magically modified to start KDE3, but if KDE3 replaces KDE2 then it
might work OK.

--
JRT