RH 7.3

Praveen Ray praveen.ray at crcnet1.com
Fri Aug 9 00:38:14 BST 2002

To check if firewalls are causing trouble, first disable all of them and see
if you can telnet into the machine remotely :
(1) Log in as root
(2) /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains stop
(3)  /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop
(4) Go to some other machine and try :
telnet <IP_Address of RH7.3> 80
If you get a response then, web server is remotely accessible. If not,
something other than firewalls may also be blocking traffic.

On Thursday 08	 August 2002 07:35 pm, David Wallis wrote:
> Hi
> About a month ago our group purchased RH 7.3
> I have loaded it several times but have been unable to make stmp and www
> connections
> I think<G> it is a matter of firewall but am a real newbie
> Have restored RH7.1 and have no troubles
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated
> David Wallis
> ---
> [E-mail scanned by doggy.com.au for viruses with Declude AntiVirus]

-Praveen