items in menu editor not present

Sean McGlynn sean at tmiau.com
Tue Aug 6 18:36:45 BST 2002

Hello Praveen,

Those items above the separator line are either the most frequently or most
recently used apps. You can choose which you want (and how many) in the
Control Panel under (for KDE2.2 anyway) the "Quick Start" section of the
"Menus" tab of  "Look & Feel -> Panel". Setting the "max number of entries"
to 0 should get rid of all those entries above the separator if that's what
you want.

The Control Panel layout might be different if you're running KDE3 (sorry, I
haven't got my KDE3 running at the moment :-)
Also, I had to quit KDE and restart for the new options to take effect. This
isn't something you'd normally have to do, but give it a try if the changes
don't take effect for you immediately.

Cheers,
Sean

--