kdm chooser setup

Marvin [GodfatherofSoul] Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 1 05:09:36 BST 2002

Mandrake 8.2, graphical login
KDE 3.0.2
AMD1600

First post and I hope this isn't an annoying repetition, but I've
searched my user group, the KDE newsgroup, and the archives with no
luck.  Anyway, I'm looking for the best way to open a
MI/X/Exceed/Excursion session to my Linux network server, except I want
to do this from a Linux workstation (not thin client).  From my
research, I think I need to configure kdm's chooser to broadcast a query
for machines on my network willing to export their displays.  I *think*
this is implemented as a dropdown select box on the graphical login
screen listing willing hosts.  Now, I can access my network server with
MI/X, so I know I have XDMCP working, but the login doen't display the
select box.  I've enabled XDMCP on the Linux workstation just as I have
on the network server including the following in Xaccess:

*
*    CHOOSER    BROADCAST

BTW, I have to use a the graphical login.  I've seen similar questions
asked quite often in the newsgroup with no response (working response,
that is), so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!