FTP display problem in File Management

Matt Harrell mattharrell3 at attbi.com
Mon Apr 29 23:52:20 BST 2002

On Monday 29 April 2002 16:07, Micah R L wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 11:40, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, 29. April 2002 01:25, Matt Harrell wrote:
> > > I'm running KDE 3.0.0-1 on Red Hat 7.2.  I'm trying to get Konqueror
> > > (in the File Management profile) to display FTP pages in the tree view
> > > format. Instead, it seems to be displaying in HTML mode, or something.
> > > I know that Konqueror can do this, as the Linux servers I administer at
> > > work are displaying FTP sites in tree view.  I want to do this so that
> > > when I patch Red Hat, I can sort the items at the FTP site by
> > > modification date.  How do I get it to do this?
> >
> > Hmm, are you prepending the porper protocol (ftp://) before the hostname?
> >
> > kevin
>
> If that is not the case, then perhaps you are running through a proxy?
> My home proxy formats the FTP sites that come through to look like HTML
> pages, even when they are not. Pretty annoying. Actually, I need to look
> into getting that turned off lol.

Aha!  I wonder if that's it!  I am running Squid at home, and my Linux boxes
at work are not.  However, I have been using Nautilus at home because it DOES
allow me to use a tree view sorted on modification date.  Why would one
display FTP as a web page and the other not?  Must be some difference in
programming between the two, I suppose.

--
Matt Harrell
matt at mattharrell.net