Screening oversize spam

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Fri Apr 26 11:05:08 BST 2002

I use Kmail (which I like so much that when Kmail Mark 1 bit the billennium
bug, and I couldn't find any other reader quite like it, I upgraded to RedHat
7.2 just so I could run KDE2 with Kmail 1.3).

One thing I'd like to do with all the increasing spam around -   on my old
Acorn that I also sometimes use for email, the POP transport  (!Popstar) is
configurable so that if any message is over a specified size (say 10K)  it
pops up a window with the message subject and sender in it and options to
Download / Skip / Download Headers only / Delete     the message.     Very
useful, it's saved me before now from downloading several hundred-K  spams.
Also quite satisfying.

Is there any way to do the same with Kmail / KPPP?     I've looked in Help -
Filters but they don't seem to cover it.

cr