Keyboard-problems

Paul Jewell paul at teulu.net
Sun Apr 21 10:13:55 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 11:47, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> On Saturday 20 April 2002 13:27, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> >
> > On Saturday, 20. April 2002 11:03, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> > > Section "InputDevice"
> > > Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
> > > Driver "keyboard"
> > > Option "CoreKeyboard"
> > > Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
> > > Option "XkbModel" "logifreedom"
> > > Option "XkbLayout" "fi"
> >
> > Try adding
> >  Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
> >
> > > EndSection
> >
> > This might help with the @ problem.
>
> That did the trick! Thanks alot :)! Now the keyboard is usable again :).
> Now, if I only could get those extra keys to work....

I managed to do this for SuSE 6.4 and a Logitech iTouch keyboard.
Unfortunately I trashed that installation, and since moving to 7.2 I haven't
repeated the feat. The information turned up when searched through google for
"itouch linux", and although I was running xfree 3.6, the principles may
still be applicable with xfree 4.x. The first step I would try is to run xev
and press the keys to see if the events are being recognised. If they are,
then the rest is just configuration to make the keys do something. <pause...>
I have just done this on my system, and the key events are being recognised,
so modifying my system to make them do something will be trivial, as should
yours under the same conditions. With xfree 3.6, I seem to remember having to
recompile!

Good luck,
Paul