kde3 MesaGL support

Jean Pierre Charalambos nakedmind at softhome.net
Tue Apr 23 18:24:21 BST 2002

Hi kde'rs

I am just new in the list and I do not know if my issue has been discussed
here before: I was wondering if it is possible to configure qt3.03 with GL
support without having any problem with my kde3.

I have installed kde3 (rpm's for red hat 7.2) and the resulting libraries do
not support the Mesa library (which is very important to me). IS THERE ANY
KIND OF CONSTRAIN (OR INCOMPATIBILTY) THAT PREVENTS USING KDE3 AND THE MESA
LIBRARY TOGETHER?

However, I saw in the kde3 compile instructions that Qt configure line is
somthing like this:
./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng -system-libjpeg -
plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-xinerama -no-g++- exceptions

and it does no disable the gl support (which I think is enable by default).
Maybe the whole thing was just the way the rpm was built. Hence it seems
natural to guess that uninstalling the qt rpm, building it from the sources
(assuring Mesa support :) and installing it in the location where the rpm
was, would be enough. Before trying anything SUGGESTIONS ARE VERY WELCOME

Cheers,

Jean Pierre