windows without decorations and that never get focus

David Partain David.Partain at ericsson.com
Thu Apr 18 09:23:19 BST 2002

Greetings,

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 19.01, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> On Wednesday, 17. April 2002 13:58, David Partain wrote:
> > I've tried to use kstart to get something like I want, with no
> > luck so far.  I've successfully --type to get variants that have
> > no decorations and don't gain focus, but I cannot move them from
> > the top-left of the screen.
>
> Try the --geometry option.
> kstart --geometry +100+200 should put the window 100 pixels top the right
> and 200 down.

Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, none of the --type
options that start up the application without window decorations
seem to pay any attention to --geometry.

So, I'm still stuck with a window that's twice as wide as it
needs to be just to accomodate the decorations.

Anyone have other ideas?

Cheers,

David