Kde3 - DCOPserver not running on startup

Mark Cooke mark at extension2.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 23:00:01 BST 2002

Hi,

I've just installed Kde3 (it takes ages to compile), anyway, everytime
I go to start kde (I'm using gdm, and created a script in
/opt/gnome/etc/gdm/Sessions/kde , that just runs /opt/kde/bin/startkde.

Straight away I always get this error:

There was an error setting up inter-process
communications for KDE. The message returned
by the system was:

Could not read network connection list.
/home/mark/.DCOPserver_vlad_0

Please check the the "dcopserver" program is running!

I've tried then running the dcopserver first then logging in , but still
the same (this applied as root, as I figured It may of been a
permissions thing).

I've tried a removeing everything in '/tmp' and also removing any trace
of fiiles that belong to kde in root and my home directory's
and trying again, but no joy.

Could anyone possably help with this one please.

Mark