KDE3: knotify sigfaults once a second

Aaron Brice abrice2 at cox.net
Sun Apr 14 20:28:40 BST 2002

On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 20:04, Aaron Brice wrote:
> I recently installed KDE3 from source.  I wanted to keep my current
> installation of KDE2 so I installed KDE3 in /opt/kde3 with qt3 in
> /opt/qt3.  Everything compiled ok.  When I log in, I get these annoying
> pop-up messages that knotify has crashed, and I get them about once a
> second.  Other than that, things seems to go ok.  Any ideas on how to
> fix?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

More information:

In .xsession-errors -

KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = knotify path = <unknown> pid = 8961
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-8956' to 'knotify'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = knotify path = <unknown> pid = 8967
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-8966' to 'knotify'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!

My XSession file:

case $# in
1)
        case $1 in
        failsafe)
                exec xterm -geometry 80x24-0-0
                ;;
        kde)
                exec /usr/bin/startkde
                ;;
        kde3)
                export QTDIR=/opt/qt3
                export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
                export KDEHOME=~/.kde3
                export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
                export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
                exec /opt/kde3/bin/startkde
                ;;
        esac
esac