Kmail filter on, er, squiggles

Derek Fountain fountai at hursley.ibm.com
Thu Apr 11 11:16:15 BST 2002

> I use the following regexp with procmail: [¡-ÿ][¡-ÿ][¡-ÿ][¡-ÿ][¡-ÿ]
> It matches five consecutive non-ASCII characters which should rarely
> appear in normal messages in the subject.

That looks sensible, but how do I type those characters into the Kmail filter
text box?

> But anyway you should probably use some other programs like spamassassin
> through which you pipe all your mail to get rid of spam. I don't use
> this program myself but I heard it's quite efficient.

I use spamassassin at home, but my system here at work is too dated to run
it. I got into RPM dependency hell when I tried to install it. Since it took
me quite a while to get my work system running as I like it (OpenAFS, WINE,
etc) I'm rather loathe to mess with it too much at the moment.

--
 11:13am  up 36 days, 19:37,  2 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.15, 0.08