KDE3 compatibility with KDE2

David OlszyƄski hisaak at mrkvoslav.ascs.muni.cz
Wed Apr 10 23:16:01 BST 2002

Hello.

I find KDE3 the best UNIX desktop ever and thank every developer for it.

But I miss two important things:
1. I know that there were many discussions about clipboard and its behaviours.
I understand why it's different now. But I don't understand why there is
nothing like `compatibility' option.
I just want to click right mouse button on hyperlink and choose `copy into
clipboard' and then paste it into xterm (by clicking middle button) to
download it with wget. I can't do it now. :-((

2. Almost the same thing happens about desktop layout in `desktop switch
applet' in kicker. Now it has desktops sorted horizontally instead of
vertically as it was in KDE2. Why there is no compatibility option again?
:-(

David Olszynski