KDE3.0 anti-aliassing out the window - getting desparate

CiAsA S'Nuey Boark ciasaboark at telocity.com
Tue Apr 9 00:05:55 BST 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 03:58 pm, bk390934 wrote:
> On Monday 08 April 2002 22:28, CiAsA S'Nuey Boark wrote:
> Well, I thought I was doing that. "Verdana" and "Trebuchet MS" are supposed
> to be truetype fonts aren't they? At least they're in the
> /usr/X11R6/../truetype directory.

Yes, those are TT fonts.

> When I magnify the edges of these fonts with xmag then I always see a very
> jagged picturen in pure black, no greyscale pixels to smoothen the fonts.
> For me that indicates that AA didn't work.
>
> A generic question: how can I distinguish between the two font types in
> KDE's font selection dialogs?

Yes, kind of. So far as I can tell, kde will put a "xft" behind most fonts.  I
just checked and non of the MSTT fonts have this, only the ghostscript fonts.
Thats alright though, the gs fonts look better anway.

The only other thing that I know to try would be to move your .kde or .kde2 or
.kde3 folder to another place and then see what comes up when you have the
default settings (make sure to go to control center again, selects AA on and
change the fonts, then start kde again).

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform.
		-- Mark Twain

Jonathan Nelson [icq=56665957] [aim=ciasaboark]