Did somebody seriously break CVS for 2.2 Branch

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Apr 6 01:15:10 BST 2002

Dan Armak wrote:

> Well, on Gentoo systems 2.95.3 builds KDE3 just fine.

That is good to know.  I currently have the controversial Red Hat
2,96-85 compiler and 'downgrading' to 2.95.3 isn't a trivial problem.
But, if I can't get it to work, I will have to try.

My current hypothesis is that the problems with KDE 3 are due to the
configure script.  I think that I have found a work around for this.
Also had a problem with cpp. and imake (XFree86).

I wasn't methodical enough when I started upgrading things starting with
AutoConf.  I started over and it seems to be working except for some
specific problems:

RealPlayer and RealONE quit working with the new build of
KDE_2_2_BRANCH.

KPPP from KDE_2_2_BRANCH simply won't build.

--
JRT