Kde3 install problems

Aric C. Wilisch awilisch at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 5 23:43:40 BST 2002

I'm sure this has been beat to death already, but I just joined so I don't
know the answer yet ;).

I downloaded the binaries for KDE3 for Red Hat 7.2 and tried the
instructions and they didn't work. the instructions were:

 cd /where/you/downloaded/the/KDE3/RPMS
 rpm -e `rpm -qa |egrep ^kde`
 rpm -Uvh *rpm

Whenever I do the first rpm command it comes back with about 2 pages of
other packages that are dependancies therefore it doesn't remove the old
installation.

Any help on how to remove the old installation and install kde3 would  be
appreciated. if I have to i'll reinstall RH7.2 without kde installed and
install it fresh, but I'm afraid that I'll lose some functionality.

Lookin forward to hearing from people

Aric