Upgrade to 3.0

Tom Achtenberg lists at achtenberg.com
Fri Apr 5 02:49:59 BST 2002

I downloaded all the Red Hat rpm's last night.  Now when I go to install them on my Red Hat 7.2 system using "rpm -Uvh *.rpm"  I get a couple dozen dependency failures mostly saying something such as lib.so.2 is needed by kde2.2.2 something.  Since I am upgrading the KDE 2.2 to 3.0 how do I get rid of the dependencies needed by the old KDE?  I tried using "rpm -ivh *.rpm" and had fewer dependency failures and they were mostly related to gphoto.  HELP!

Tom Achtenberg

Over 24,000 people die EVERY DAY from hunger related causes.
Visit http://www.Christ4me.com to find out how YOU can help

Registered Linux User #242974 (See http://counter.li.org)
Visit my home page at http://achtenberg.com