Questions about kmix

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu Apr 4 20:08:31 BST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Mike Leone wrote:

=>> My new 'puter has a Sound Blaster Live! card and sound generally seems ok.
=>> kmix comes up saying Emu10k1 (whatever that means).
=>
=>That's the main chip on a SB Live!.
=>
=>> Can someone please tell me what all the controls do or where to find out
=>> where they are documented? Next to Volume is something called Pcm. Also
=>> there's Speaker, IGain, OGain, Digital1, Video, etc. And what are all
=>> those red and green lights on the top and bottom of the controls?
=>
=>Red = bad; green = good.
=>
=>:-)
=>
=>Just means that the volume settings (that's what all those things are -
=>volume settings for different functions) are in the good range (i.e.,
=>green), or in the danger-of-distorting-because-it's-too-damn-loud zone
=>(the red zone).
Not as helpful as I had hoped. :-)

I see that the green buttons are for muting. And the KDE manual that comes
with it is not helping. Where can I find out what the different controls
are exactly?

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ