KDE3 requirements ??

Iztok Kobal iztok.kobal at telemach.net
Thu Apr 4 19:48:01 BST 2002

I am currently running
Suse6.4/i686/2.2.14/GLIBC-2.1.3/QT-2.3.2/XFree86-4.1.0/KDE-2.2.2.

I would like to install KDE3 beside the (already installed) KDE1 and
KDE2.2.2 but I would not like to waste time to learn that my platform is
not adequate. :-\

I tried to learn from KDE and SuSE web pages about the requirements but
both pages only refer to the SuSE7.3 distro-like platform (kernel-2.4.x
and GLIBC-2.2.0) and not mention any requirements or procedure for older
distros. :-(

Please, somebody that has experience from installing KDE3 on similar
platform than mine, please write down the requirements/procedure ! :-)

p.s.: meanwhile, check this page: http://www.idg.net/go.cgi?id=661281
which proves that there is still justice in this world (laugh :-D on
M$'s account) ...

--
Iztok Kobal
e-mail      iztok.kobal at telemach.net