Mandrake KDE3 RPM's. . .

Timothy R Butler kde at uninetsolutions.com
Thu Apr 4 19:31:44 BST 2002

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 11:13 pm, Terry wrote:
> Thanks for the info Tim.

  Certainly. :-)

> No I haven't even got to the sound problem yet.
> I'm not happy that the Keramik style was not included and menu transparency
> is grayed out in Kcontrol.  That kills the two best eye-candies for this
> release

  Well, I too found Keramik missing, but trasparency is alive and well from
using the MDK rpms I fetched from KDE.org on Tuesday evening. Just select a
style that supports transparency (such as Hicolor default), and go "effects,"
and for the menu effect dropdown select "transparency." Presto! :-D

> kdelibs source,compiled and install after removing the RPM?  Man I really
> want those options.

  Hmm... Perhaps the best thing to do would be to download the source RPM from
cooker, add the needed config options in the RPM spec file, and then bake a
nice new RPM with Keramik...

  -Tim