Star Office Printing Problem

Praedor Tempus praedor at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 23:01:08 BST 2002

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 02:19 pm, Demian Meyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to print to a network printer using Star Office, but the only
> option that I am given under "Printer Setup" is "Generic Printer". I can
> print fine in KWord, but I would like to get Star Office working if
> possible. Any help would be appriciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Demian

StarOffice also has a printer setup/admin tool.  Go to your staroffice
directory and look for SPAdmin (or spadmin...something like that) and run it.
You can then add the printer of your choice.  Unfortunately, staroffice uses
its own little system for accessing printers rather than simply going with
cups or anything else.

I installed 3 printers and still have problems.  I have StarOffice 6.0 and if
I want to print I have to always correct the printer settings every time:
change it to postscript level 1, Letter size paper, and a few other things.
THEN it will print OK for me.

praedor