Newbie at KDE 3.1

Fabien3D creafab at free.fr
Fri Jan 21 23:14:00 GMT 2000

Le Vendredi 11 Juillet 2003 02:52, Mariusz Pekala a écrit :
> Fabien3D (pon 17. styczeń 2000 02:09):
> > Hi !
>
> Hello!
>
> > I've just installed Mandrake 9.1 with KDE 3.1, and I've got some
> > questions
> >
> > : - how can I make Konqueror use the default URL I put into the
> >
> > configuration panel ?
>
> You may look for something like 'Save view profile' in 'Window' menu in
> konqueror. Be sure that you have checked a 'Save URL in profile'.
> (I am translating from Polish, so these labels may sound differently).
> I believe that would solve your problem, although I don't know what
> configuration panel you mean. :-)
Indeed, it works ! I should write it somewhere I can remind it !

> > - the FAT32 partitions can't be read unless as root, whereas I could read
> > them with KDE 3.0. How can I read these partitions as user ?
>
> How does your /etc/fstab look? I suppose that there are no entries for
> these partitions, or in these entries miss 'owner' or 'user' options in the
> 4th column.
> See "man fstab".
I tried several options in the fstab file, but none seems to work. But I've
never tried to add the user option. I'll have a look at it !

> --M.P.
Thanks for the information !

--
Fabien3D

CREAFab, la création numérique autrement...
http://creafab.free.fr