Updates to various web services

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Jan 29 10:16:08 GMT 2023

Good morning Community,

Over the past 48 hours a number of services have been transferred from the
former home to a new system, as part of Sysadmin's program to replace
servers which are running older distribution releases (and to get us on
newer hardware).

This includes:
- All Wikis (techbase, userbase, community and gcompris-cookbook)
- All Wordpress sites (krita.org, kdenlive.org, labplot.kde.org,
blog.neon.kde.org and mauikit.org)
- All Drupal 7 sites (dot.kde.org, akademy.kde.org, blogs.kde.org and
behindkde.org)
- Our Website Statistics system, Matomo (stats.kde.org)
- Our Survey Platform, Limesurvey (survey.kde.org)
- The Season of KDE program management software (season.kde.org)

As part of this, our Mediawiki instances were also upgraded to the latest
LTS version (1.39.1) including associated plugins. In the case of the
Translation side of the Wikis, a substantial update to them was required.

Because the new server has no connection with Identity (as part of our
efforts to decommission this service) the Akademy site was also switched to
use classical Drupal authentication as part of this migration. Anyone who
needs to login to akademy.kde.org will therefore need to perform a password
reset before they can login. This is only a temporary measure as work is
underway (as part of our elimination of Drupal efforts) to migrate the
Akademy site to Hugo.

Should you notice any issues with the above sites, please let us know.

Many thanks,
Ben