URL of kvtml2.dtd [was Re: Ubication and DTD of kvtml translations]

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Dec 7 09:26:10 GMT 2023

On Thu, Dec 7, 2023 at 12:11 PM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El dimecres, 6 de desembre de 2023, a les 10:05:52 (CET), Oliver Kellogg
> va
> escriure:
> > In https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-edu/2009-January/003516.html,
> >
> > Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Well, it should be changed to "http://edu.kde.org/kvtml/kvtml2.dtd"
> > > because it is the one that exists, the other does not exist.
> >
> > Meanwhile, that also gives a 404 not found error.
> > Is there a new location?
>
> Whoever decided to kill edu.kde.org didn't seem to plan for that.
>
> I've no idea whose idea was to kill edu.kde.org
>
> CC'in sysadmin and web folks.

Sorry the above thread is a bit hard to read however the shutdown of
edu.kde.org was fairly well planned. There is an extremely extensive list
of redirects we have in place to keep the pile of weird things that were
going on with edu.kde.org alive / functional, including the bunch of legacy
GHNS functionality it's applications have.

It appears that /kanagram/kvtm2.dtd was missed, likely because only
translated versions used it. There should never have been another copy made
of the specification....

I have now added a further item to that list of redirects mentioned above
to keep the copy of https://edu.kde.org/kanagram/kvtml2.dtd alive.

All documents referring to those locations should be updated to the new
home of https://kde.org/standards/kvtml/kvtml2.dtd

Note that http://edu.kde.org/kvtml/kvtml2.dtd is very much still alive - if
your tool is complaining that it does not then it is not supported with
KDE.org infrastructure.
Only clients that properly obey the HTTP specification including following
of redirects are supported.

> Chers,
>   Albert

Cheers,