kde-www Digest, Vol 249, Issue 1

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Sat Dec 2 12:36:16 GMT 2023

Hi, is it ok to request keeping the primary discussion at the Invent
issue? Or I am being too pushy? I find having some replies here and some
there to be fracturing the discussion. Of course you can inform the
mailing list of any responses (as I do below).

On 12/1/23 13:00, kde-www-request at kde.org wrote:
> I agree with Paul here. There are technical and social problems with
> dot.kde.org which have gone unresolved and there are no clear plans to
> resolve them nor anyone apparently willing th do the worl. The situation
> reminds me a lot of the old KDE forum: we had a lot of hesitation and
> trepidation about replacing it from those who weren't involved with
> either one, but eventually we did the swith-over, and the response was
> instantly positive.
>
> +1 for chasing the future rather than the past here too.

I think it really depends on what is meant by "chasing the future".

Here is my respons to what I think are potential issues with a social
media-only approach:

https://invent.kde.org/websites/kde-org/-/issues/25#note_814560

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social