Problem with K Discuss: does not work well with Falkon or AngleFish

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Tue Apr 4 11:42:10 BST 2023

Hi Harald and friends,

We announced Discuss from promo on social media today, but someone in the
Mastodon comments pointed out that Falkon does not work well with it:

https://floss.social/@Tionisla@troet.cafe/110140030007933295

I checked and they are right: it shows an ugly error and the page looks all
wrong.

Apparently it is a known issue that affects also Angelfish. Fortunately, there
are hints on how to solve it here:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/new-version-of-discourse-dropped-support-for-qtwebengine-5-15-lts/132543

I hope this is useful and it is not too hard to get working for all browsers
again.

Otherwise, great job everyone. Really enjoying it.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication