Neon downloads redirect to freedif.org (No HTTPS)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed May 11 10:30:50 BST 2022

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 8:27 PM Andrej Falout <andrej at falout.org> wrote:

> https://files.kde.org/neon/images/user/20220505-0947/neon-user-20220505-0947.iso
>
> redirects to:
>

> http://mirror.freedif.org/KDE/files/neon/images/user/20220505-0947/neon-user-20220505-0947.iso
>
> No HTTPS (Firefox refuses to download it), and the homepage (also no
> HTTPS) non-reassuringly presents:
> Salman Siddiqui
>
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
> tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
> (Yes I know how to use PGP sig, but signature also redirects to
> freedif.org)
>
> Apologies if I'm being paranoid ....

Thanks for reporting this.

I've now updated our details on file for mirror.freedif.org and it should
now be served as a HTTPS redirect.
With regards to the PGP signature, we had already been directly serving
*.asc files but i've now updated the system to also serve *.sig files
directly as well.

Cheers,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin